Cloud, Security, Datacenter and Network Architecture Design Workshop
Learn about Architecture Design from Instructors with Real World Expertise.
This customised course covers all the core features of architecture design utilising cutting-edge technologies and defining specific technical requirements to create a high-level architecture.
This workshop will enable attendees to define the technologies and technical requirements needed to design a cloud, security, datacenter, and/or networking system. To create the next generation platform, we must first learn from the experience of those who are running it today. Combined with Aptira’s knowledge of the latest cloud technologies, the architecture design will be able to be used by the team that follows to begin implementation of the system.
Overall, the workshop will follow fundamental principals that have made other designs successful, including:
- Adopting relevant strategies and practices from the commercial sector
- Leveraging commodity class hardware and open source software
- Reaching service availability targets through a scale-out architecture with appropriate redundancy and automated failure recovery
- Centralised and automated configuration management, deployment and monitoring
- System Administrators
- Technical Officers
PMO Managers and PMO staff
Potentially any others involved in large and complex solutions environments
Upon completion of the course, participants will have the knowledge to successfully launch new services and reduce the maintenance on existing environments.
Structure: This course is delivered in workshop format as a combination of lectures and other media, attendee work individually and in groups, and practical exercises.
Duration: 3-5 days or customised to requirements
- Definition of project scope
- Pre-discovery checklist
- Determine the detailed business, functional and technical requirements
- Determine use case definitions
- Rapid Assessment of technology choices to best address the project requirements
- Demonstrate feasibility of chosen technologies
- Security constraints
- Compliance issues
- User management
- Capacity planning
- Operations (monitoring, logging, auditing, automated configuration management, high availability and disaster recovery
- Usage monitoring
- Integration with existing facilities
- Architecture design to address defined requirements
- Recommended technology choices and alternatives
- Proposed delivery model
- Documentation covering how the architecture works
- Planning for current and future lifecycles