OpenStack Developer Deep Dive
Learn about OpenStack from Instructors with Real World Expertise.
A 1 day intermediate course to help individuals get on their feet with contributing upstream, and to get familiar with the OpenStack development process.
OpenStack Training Overview:
This OpenStack Training provides a detailed insight into OpenStack components & getting started with upstream contribution. It is aimed at IT professionals (individuals and vendor employees) and students looking to understand OpenStack functioning from an OpenStack developer view. This course is designed to help an OpenStack developer get on their feet with contributing upstream, and to get familiar with the development process. Attendees will receive hands-on, driven and practical understanding of OpenStack components functionality and their interrelation. The participants will also have the opportunity to interact with actual engineering staff with years of real-world OpenStack experience.
- IT professionals (individuals and vendor employees)
- OpenStack Developer
Structure: 90% hands-on labs & demonstrations, 10% theory
- Basic understanding of Virtualisation, Cloud Computing and multi-tenancy
- Can write or are comfortable with python programming languag
- Basic understanding of high level programming language constructs is required
- Good to moderate understanding of Private and Public cloud
Duration: 1 day
- OpenStack Architecture
- Code Walkthrough
- Hands-On Walkthrough for Each Topic
- Upstream Contribution with Two Open Bugs, From One of the Following:
- Getting Familiar with the OpenStack Codebase
- Creating Network Interfaces & Bridges
- Booting VM Through Command Line and Understanding the Internals
- Write Extension to Existing ML2 Driver Plugin
- Configure Cinder with GlusterFS
- Implement Nova with Quotas