Introduction to Monitoring
Learn about Monitoring from Instructors with Real World Expertise.
This 2 day Prometheus and Grafana Training is an introduction to monitoring, introducing participants to the basic concepts, architecture, basic deployment and configuration.
Monitoring Training Overview:
Prometheus is a leading open-source monitoring solution specifically designed for containerized and cloud native environments. Together with Grafana, a leading open source data visualization tool, it also provides a great metric visualization and analysis experience. This course introduces participants to the basic concepts and architecture of Prometheus and Grafana, their basic deployment and configuration, the usage of some basic Prometheus exporters, the Prometheus Query Language, using graphs to build dashboards to display metrics, the Alert Manager, alert integration with external messaging services, writing custom exporters and redundancy options.
- System Administrators
- Those wanting to understand and use Prometheus and Grafana
Structure: 50% theory 50% hands on lab exercises
Prerequisites: Proficiency with the Linux CLI. A broad understanding of Linux system administration.
Duration: 2 Days
- Prometheus architecture
- Grafana architecture
- Deployment and configuration of a single Prometheus server
- Using Prometheus Query Language
- Deployment and Configuration of Grafana
- Using graphs to build dashboards displaying metrics
- Deployment and Configuration of the Alert Manager
- Alert integration with external messaging services
- Writing a custom exporter to instrument a web app
- Redundancy options