Kubernetes: Container Orchestration for Modern Applications
Container Orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes provide users with greater flexibility when running applications on both virtual infrastructure and physical hardware. It is specifically designed for deploying and managing containerised applications at scale across all major public Clouds and private infrastructure. Kubernetes provides on-demand scalability, simple roll-outs and roll-backs, quality control and monitoring to ensure the health of your application.
In order to help System Administrators and DevOps professionals who would like to learn more about using Kubernetes in Cloud environments, we’ve put together a 2 day Kubernetes training course designed to teach the essentials of Kubernetes container management. Students will learn how to setup Kubernetes, as well as how to use it for automated deployment, scaling and management of containerised applications.
But all this flexibility can be complex to manage. Kubernetes is large and for unexperienced users, it can be quite difficult to deploy production.
- Kubernetes architecture
- Installing Kubernetes
- Creating pods, deployments and services
- Automated deployments, scaling and management of containerised applications
In order to fully grasp the complexity of Kubernetes, hands-on experience is a necessity. This course contains both theory, and extensive labs to give participants real life experience with Kubernetes.
Passing the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Exam
Once you’re confident with Kubernetes, why not get yourself certified?
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation offers a certification program that allows users to demonstrate their competence in a hands-on, command-line environment. The purpose of the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) program is to provide assurance that CKAs have the skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the responsibilities of Kubernetes administrators.
It is an online, proctored, performance-based test that requires solving multiple issues from a command line.
We currently have 5 Solutionauts who are CKA certified (with more planning to sit the exam). They’ve put together a few notes to help you prepare for – and pass – the exam:
- Practice a lot. Students need to be very proficient in using Kubernetes before undertaking the exam. Undertaking Kubernetes training before the exam would be ideal.
- Familiarise yourself with the official docs. When in the exam, you will need to quickly jump to the page you want. For example, search by keywords so you know which page contains the content you want to look up.
- Avoid manually typing as this is time consuming. Copy and paste wherever possible.
- Use ‘kubectl run –dry-run -o yaml ….’ to generate a template for pods, jobs or deployments so you can modify them for your tasks. This can save a lot of time.
- Read the tasks carefully – don’t make stupid mistakes.
- Use your time wisely. Skip some difficult/time-consuming tasks and make a note to come back to them later. In some cases, you may have to give up some of the harder tasks and save the time for the tasks where you are more likely to earn points.
If you’re planning on deploying Kubernetes in your organisation, increasing your Kubernetes skills and taking the CKA exam – let us know. Our Solutionauts can help.
We’re also offering discounts on all of our technology training – including Kubernetes. This discount applies to pre-paid training, booking multiple courses, bundling with your hardware, software licences and any of our services (including Kubernetes and Container Orchestration). So if you’re looking to upgrade your infrastructure, or learn how to manage it more efficiently – now is the time.
For more information on our DevOps services, or to get the best discount for you – chat with our Solutionauts today.