Learn about DevOps from Instructors with Real World Expertise.
A 2 day beginner course to introduce the concepts, tools & practices of DevOps, version control and automation.
DevOps Training Overview:
This 2 day DevOps Training covers all the core features, tools and practices used by DevOps professionals.
Assessment: Participants will be assessed on their understanding of the core principles of and tools related to Version Control and Automation by completing the following tasks:
Day 1: Successful use of git and GitHub to progress a simple change from inception to inclusion in a final revision. There will be an instructor led example followed by a participant led update to controlled files to ensure practical knowledge has been gained.
Day 2: Successful use of ansible to automate the deployment of a file to a remote server hosted externally.
- System administrators and DevOps who want to understand and use DevOps tools in a practical environment. Ideally for those who haven’t had much experience with the toolsets or paradigms – not seasoned DevOps pros.
Structure: 60% theory 40% hands on lab exercises
Prerequisites: Linux system administration
Duration: 2 Days
- Introduce DevOps concepts
- How concepts can be applied
- The expected improvements to:
- feature velocity
- The importance of Version Control in a DevOps environment
- Gain practical experience in the use of common tools including
- Application of automation tools
- Practical automation exercises using Ansible
- Understand DevOps processes
- The application of Version Control
- The application of Automation
- How these components work together to efficiently maintain and deploy systems.
- Concepts of Continuous Integration
- Concepts of Continuous Deployment
- CI/CD as the evolution of core DevOps processes
- The importance of testing to continuous improvements to system stability and reduction of errors over time